Review by: Jed Distler
In 2005 I had the privilege to share a recital program with Jerome Lowenthal and Frederic Rzewski that focused on Beethoven. I played the 32 C minor Variations with an improvised cadenza before the coda; Rzewski played his own Andante...
The content you’re trying to view is for
Please register by clicking the button below in order to access this content.
Subscribe Now only $49 a year
Already an Insider? Login below:
Over the past 15 years at ClassicsToday.com, we have earned a reputation for honest, hard-hitting, no-nonsense music criticism.
ClassicsToday Insider offers both beginners and serious collectors of classical recordings a new, enjoyable and informative way of accessing and reading reviews—an experience specifically adapted to the Internet. At only $49 for an entire year:
- All new Insider reviews include sound clips—often multiple–carefully selected to illustrate musical highlights, comparisons, and points of interest. Check out this sample
- Dozens of exclusive new reviews every month.
- Dedicated Insider review archive. Preview it now.
- Insider feature reviews include not just new releases, but also major catalog titles and reissue titles not covered anywhere else on the site.
- Dedicated search functions, including:
- Search by ratings
- Search by review type: Reference Recording, CD From Hell, Major Discoveries, Big Boxes, Under The Radar, Historical Gems, and other helpful categories that allow you to follow your interest and build your collection.
- Search Insider titles exclusively
- Lively editorial commentary.
- Weekly email notice of new reviews.
None of this material will be published on the main website. It is being offered by subscription only.
We pledge that CLASSICSTODAY INSIDER will give you more of what you’ve come to expect from us over the years, and by becoming a ClassicsToday Insider you will help maintain our editorial independence and allow us to continue to offer the most informative, knowledgeable, and entertaining body of music criticism available anywhere.