Over the past 12 years, the classical music recording business has changed almost beyond recognition. Massive recording programs by major labels were followed by equally massive deletions. Digital downloads, independent labels, artist-led productions, and now the wholesale licensing of back catalog have become industry watchwords. We have received ever more numerous requests to cover back catalog titles, produce comparative discographies, give more attention to seasonal and topical releases, and otherwise extend our signature coverage of select new recordings.
To answer this need, we offer CLASSICSTODAY INSIDER, created specifically for classical music listeners, from the serious collector to the inquisitive newcomer. Among the features included:
- reviews of catalog and reissue titles not covered anywhere else on the site;
- systematic, comparative discographies of major works;
- reviews of additional new releases not found on the regular CT.com site;
- news items and exclusive, industry “insider” press releases from dozens of arts agencies and record labels from all over the world
- lively editorial commentary
- special notifications of important recordings and classical music events
- an increasing library of reference recording reviews accompanied by sound clips, to assist in building your own discography
This is not a fancy, high-gloss “e-zine”, but rather a simple, straightforward, exclusive area of our website offering regular updates of new reviews, editorials, and industry news. None of this material will be published on the main website. It is being offered by subscription only.
The cost of a one year subscription is only $49 unlimited access to all exclusive review and editorial content for an entire year!
Over the past dozen years at ClassicsToday.com, we have earned a reputation for honest, hard-hitting, no-nonsense music criticism. We want to continue this tradition, adapted to the shape of the recording market today. From the beginning we have made a point not to stray from our original mission, and we believe that this new venture will uniquely serve our readers by enhancing and expanding that purpose.
We pledge that CLASSICSTODAY INSIDER will give you more of what you’ve come to expect from us over the years, and by becoming a ClassicsToday Insider you will help us maintain our editorial independence and continue to offer the most informative, knowledgeable, and entertaining body of music criticism available anywhere.